A little here, a little there

It hasn't been a *bad* couple of weeks here, but it hasn't been the best either. Everyone except Earl came down with a cold (in succession, including both people who nanny for us). It's not the worst cold I've ever had, but it was enough to make one feel like a ball of crap for a couple of days. Thankfully, everyone seems to be pretty much over it now, except for a bit of a lingering cough. Because it's that time of year.

We finally made it back into the dojo on saturday - I still had to take it easy because swollen bronchial tubes + aerobic exercise are not the greatest mix. Still, it was nice to get back in there and help referee and at least shake some rust off.

We hit Trader Joes before heading home. The sampler table was baguettes and herbed brie dip. OMG SO TASTY. C said, "That is SO GOOD. Can we get some?" Me:... the child wants brie. "OK, sure!" Yeah, the entire thing went. 10 minutes in the oven to heat the baguette and VIOLA DELICIOUSNESS. Plus I had a bottle of the Angry Orchard Traditional Dry with it. Even tastier.

I managed to do a bit of laundry, but the stupid drain is backing up, which is a complete pain in the ass. I'll have to try vinegaring the hell out of it tomorrow.

BUT, on the 'tasks that have sat too long' front, I managed to apply a coat of water sealant to the play structure out back. A year of kids playing on it took off quite a bit of the coat. I haven't tested it to make sure it's good and coated, but it looked ok as I finished up. I've been meaning to do that for a few months now and it's DONE. Hopefully that'll protect it for another year, and just in time since I think there's some possible rain next week.

I also got tired of all the artwork being all over the place. We'd taken everything down when we redid the family room and put the new pantries in the dining room. All the artwork that was in the dining room is now in the hallway, causing C to exclaim, "What?! Are we turning the hallway into an art gallery?" Now the lovely picture Clay left for me is not by its lonesome any more. Best of all, it only took 15 minutes or so to do. Now we really need to get the artwork in the living room re-hung.

Work is still pretty good. I have tons and tons to do, and I have something I forgot to fix that I need to do tomorrow. If I remember. My team is terrific, and it's nice to get paid.

And now it is super late, but at least C doesn't have to get up for school tomorrow so maybe if I'm SUPER DUPER LUCKY, R will sleep in just a little too.